GIRELPA - Andromba Valley
- Supply of drinking water.
- Sensitization on hygiene and sanitation.
- Reinforcement of the water committees.
- Secondary structure guidance approach.
FIKRIFAMA (Fifanampiana Kristiana ho an’ny Fampandrosoana eto Madagasikara).
The villages of 6 adjacent municipalities: Ambatomirahavavy, Morarano, Mahereza, Fiadanana, Alakamisy Fenoarivo and Antambolo, with a total of 51.000 inhabitants.
Every year 6.000 people are provided of drinking water and basic sanitation.
To improve the access to the water and sanitation in the Andromba-Valley and to improve the management, within the frame of the Integrated Water Resources Management, run by local actors.
- The water committees are structured for sustainable management of the existing and new infrastructure.
- A co-operation “secondary structure guidance” is founded between the drinking water committees and is supporting the individual committees.
- A dialogue about water and the sanitation sector is started between the water committees, the municipalities and the elected people on a municipal and inter-municipal level.
- Every year 5000 people are provided with drinking water by 6 new or restored drink-water systems.
- The construction of a drinking water supplies take place together with a sensitization around hygiene and sanitation which results in a different behaviour.
- The necessary mechanisms are worked out and tested to be able to manage the water in an integrated way, downstream in the valley.
DGD, the European Commission, Fondation Ensemble (France), and Papyrus, Pfizer, Surplus Consulting, Clavis, Plus Extra Consulting, E-SO, Dienstenthuis via the Corporate Funding Programme.